Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX SNMPv3 read-only user

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX SNMPv3 read-only user

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi there,

I recently got the request from a customer to add a SNMPv3 read-only user to all their network Switches.

This includes some 2915 Switches, Comware 5130 and some AOS-CX 6400 as well as 8320.

I managed to find the appropriate commands for the 2915 and Comware devices, but now I'm struggling with the AOS-CX components.

According to the config guide I can add a snmpv3 user like so:

snmpv3 user <name> auth sha auth-pass plaintext <auth-pass> priv aes priv-pass plaintext <priv-pass>

I feel like I am missing the step to restrict this new users permissions.
    On Comware and  the 2915 I could achieve this with snmpv3 groups that only had access to the read-view.

Is there something comparable on CX?

------------------------------
    ~s

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX SNMPv3 read-only user

Posted 9 days ago
    Hello, 

I had a similar question and I couldn't find the answer in the available releases.
    ArubaOS-CX 10.09.0001 will be released in the next days/weeks. It looks it has a new option of the snmpv3 user command allowing you to configure access level.

switch-1(config)# snmpv3 user Mgr ?
    access-level Configure SNMPv3 user access-level
    auth Configure authentication protocol
    context Configure Context name
    <cr>
    switch-1(config)# snmpv3 user Mgr access-level ?
    ro Read-Only access for SNMPv3 user
    rw Read-Write access for SNMPv3 user

Emil Gogushev