Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6300m Inter VLAN Routing

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  6300m Inter VLAN Routing

Posted May 17, 2022 12:59 PM
    Hello,

I configured two vlans on the 6300m. (110 and 300). I configured two interfaces as member of the vlan with the following config.

interface 1/1/1
    no shutdown
    description Test 1
    no routing
    vlan trunk native 110
    vlan trunk allowed 110

interface 1/1/47
    no shutdown
    description Test 2
    no routing
    vlan trunk native 300
    vlan trunk allowed 300

On the two vlans I created SVI with IP adress 172.21.4.1 and 172.24.4.1. The problem is that im not able to ping from vlan 100 to 300 and vice versa. So the switch does not route between the two vlans. On the clients I set the ip adress of the switch as default gateway. From the cli of the switch I'm able to ping the clients. Did I missed something or do I need to enable inter vlan routing?

Best Regards.

------------------------------
    Daniel Maier

• 2.  RE: 6300m Inter VLAN Routing

Posted May 17, 2022 01:05 PM
    Hi Daniel,

I'm assuming you have a test device connected to each vlan.  Did you configure the default gateway on both of those devices to be the SVI IP for the vlan that they're connected to? 

Could you also share the output of

show ip route
    show run int vlan 110
    show run int vlan 300​

David King