Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

rename an AP (in AirWave?)

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  rename an AP (in AirWave?)

Posted Jan 12, 2021 05:37 PM
    (Newbie question) I've got a stand-alone controller plus AirWave. I just configured new APs and realize that I had not followed the AP naming convention, so want to rename them. 

It looks like the "Modify Devices" icon (the editor's pencil?) at the top right of the Devices List gives me a way to select "Rename devices" from the Device Actions pulldown menu, select an AP, and finally edit the name in the selected device's "DEVICE" column. When I then select the "Rename" button, it simply displays the unchanged DEVICES LIST again.

My questions are:
    - Can I actually rename the AP using AirWave?
    - Am I using the right process for doing this rename?
    - Any hints on what I'm missing?
    - Is there a User Guide for AirWave or online tutorial to give me these basics?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

------------------------------
    LamoniDave

• 2.  RE: rename an AP (in AirWave?)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 03:56 AM
    Is AirWave managing the controllers or is the Group properties set to Monitor + Firmware Only? If the latter is the case, you will need to re-name the AP via the controller. For all your AirWave documentation needs, take a look at the following:

https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;fileTypes=DOCUMENT;products=Aruba%20AirWave

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: rename an AP (in AirWave?)

Posted Jan 14, 2021 10:03 AM
    You got right to the core issue. I was able rename in the controller. 

Your pointer to the AirWave documents was a great help. As a newbie, I've not found easy ways to navigate and search within the site to find these documents. 

Thanks!

LamoniDave

• 4.  RE: rename an AP (in AirWave?)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 14, 2021 10:23 AM
    Glad stuff, glad to hear it is sorted :)

Craig Syme