Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba central ztp and template groups

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  aruba central ztp and template groups

Posted Jan 19, 2022 04:43 AM
    hi.

We are moving all our 2930f switch to central, right now just in monitor only groups.

But we would like to move it all to template groups but have some issues with the template groups.

just made a switch template for our "new" configured switchs and importet the config into the template group, when i change the %hostname% variable in central it works fine, the switch changes the hostname, when i do a aruba-central support-mode enable and change the hostname and disable the support-mode again central dosen't complain about the variable dosen't match, is that right? cause as i understand the variable should match the current config on the switch.

The other issue is when i try to ztp a switch to central, i add the switch to central and giv it a license, but gets an error with wrong system time on the sh aruba-central an off course the time is not right, can you give the switch a ntp or time via dhcp? cause its not ztp if i have to ssh to the switch and do config.

Morten

------------------------------
    Morten Johannsen

• 2.  RE: aruba central ztp and template groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 05:10 PM
    Regarding templates and variables, it's important to note that when you enabled support-mode on the switch and performed a local change, the variable(s) in Central were not updated. From Central's perspective, there has not been a configuration change, and the next time the switch reconnects with Central, the current configuration on the switch will be overwritten by the config and variables from the Central template.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: aruba central ztp and template groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 05:23 PM
    and yes you can provide NTP using DHCP option 042  which specifies servers that provide NTP/SNTP (RFC 1769).

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: aruba central ztp and template groups

Posted Jan 20, 2022 01:30 AM
    Hi thx for the answer, i'll try to test again today, cause central didn't see the diffenrence in the hostname and the variable, mayby because i was testing on auto commit off, i'll try with on, but its true when i did a change in the template and pushed it to the switch it got the variable hostname, i just want to make sure if someone makes a support enable change central is aware of it and ether change it back or says off of sync.

Cool with the ntp, now i just need to figure out how to get a self signed cert on the switch, if i put the cli cmd in the template does the switch make a new 1 every time i push the config? 

Morten

Morten Johannsen

• 5.  RE: aruba central ztp and template groups

Posted Feb 02, 2022 05:28 AM
    I still have some problem with the ztp process in central, ill try with ntp over dhcp option so i can join central, i'v made a template group with our default configuration, but in our default cfg we are disabling http server and enable https server and that requires a self signed cert, can i just put the crypto cli in the template? does central accept that after? cause the certificate config is not in the running config, will it the try yo roll it on again and again? the other issue i had in airwave ztp also, we are using downloadable user roles on our switch wicth requires a cppm user and password, i can't get either airwave or central to enroll the cppm user and pass on the switch, i can see the user but the log is saying username or password wrong, so if i type it ine manual after the switch is ztp it works, anyone of you having problem with that also?

Morten Johannsen