Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP External Splash Page

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IAP External Splash Page

Posted Jun 08, 2021 04:49 PM
    In an IAP guest setup there is an option for an external splash page using "authentication text" to be returned.  What I am looking for is how to code that into a web page.  I have some basic HTML/CSS coding skills but I'm not making the connection with what the IAP is expecting in terms of "auth text" and how the web server is intended to provide it when clicking a button.

------------------------------
    Tyler West

• 2.  RE: IAP External Splash Page
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2021 07:15 AM
    If you have access to Arubapedia (for Partners and Aruba employees), you could check this page with a section on the Authentication Text and an example.

Note that the Authentication text only works on HTTP sites, as the HTML on the server is checked for the authentication text when the client retrieves it. It may be hard to find a non-HTTPS web service these days... and the user's browser may complain about an unencrypted connection. With HTTPS the AP cannot detect the HTML (as it is encrypted), so that is incompatible with Authentication Text. Don't hear this feature is used a lot, which may be because HTTP starts to slowly disappear.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: IAP External Splash Page

Posted Jun 11, 2021 10:46 AM
    Thank you so much.  The examples led me right where I needed to go.

Tyler West

• 4.  RE: IAP External Splash Page

Posted Jun 10, 2021 09:54 AM
    Hi Tyler,
    If you have HTML/CSS coding skills. Better use Radius Server like ClearPass which support Captive portal customization

Dinusha Chandrasinghe - MVP | ACMP | ACSP |ACCA
    Network Engineer
    Plexus Global (Pvt) Ltd
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    +94717327420