Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

This thread has been viewed 52 times
  • 1.  How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

Posted Jan 20, 2021 11:17 AM

Hello everyone, 

I worked previously with other IoT Gateways and I know the standard methodology to use an IoT gateway to forward the collected data to a cloud app. which can achieved by some scripting or making some configuration on the IoT gateway to set the topic I will publish/Subscribe the data from/to (in the case of using MQTT) or the link  I will PUT/GET the data from/to (In case of using HTTP). So, How can I do this through Aruba AP? Is there any documents/demo videos that explain this technical part? or Aruba AP only provide the connectivity infrastructure and it must be an IoT Gateway to deploy a script to make this function.

Thanks In advance,

------------------------------
    Ahmed Amir
    IoT Presales Engineer at Infort Egypt

• 2.  RE: How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2021 05:49 AM
    Hi Ahmed,

Aruba APs work a little bit different compared what people would call IoT gateways. As of today the way to use Aruba APs as IoT connectivity options is via the Aruba IoT Interface, see below, or via usb-based 3rd party integrations. There is currently no support for MQTT or a REST API based approach. Aruba APs are not working as protocol gateways like other IoT gateway solutions. 

For details on the Aruba IoT Interface specification please see the Aruba IoT documentation.

Jens Fluegel
    Consulting System Engineer - Vertical Solutions

• 3.  RE: How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

Posted Feb 23, 2021 06:35 AM
    Thank you jens for your concern.

Ahmed Amir

• 4.  RE: How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2023 03:54 AM

Hi Jens, I am looking for MQTT solution with Aruba APs, is there an update about this? Is it supported now?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: How to configure Aruba AP to forward Sensors data to a specific IoT Cloud App (for ex: Microsoft Azure)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2023 03:42 PM

Hi, 

No, there is currently no native MQTt support available. Sorry.

Regards, 

Jens