View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Voice Vlan Profiling for Alcatel IP Phone on Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Voice Vlan Profiling for Alcatel IP Phone on Clearpass

Posted Apr 15, 2021 12:07 PM
    Hello Dear Friends,

We using Aruba Clearpass 6.7 on our company. Also, we using Alacatel ip phone. But we couldn't find information on documants with voice vlan profile for alcatel ip phone.Has anyone in the community done profiling with Alcatel IP phones before? If it has, can you explain to us how she did this here? Thank you in advance for your help.

------------------------------
    EVREN BOZTEPE

• 2.  RE: Voice Vlan Profiling for Alcatel IP Phone on Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 10:52 AM
    Please check with Alcatel. I think they have documents on their support portal (which I don't have access to) to deploy this. I would try to get rid of a tagged voice VLAN and assign VLAN/role/dACLs (depending on the switch brands you have) to provide access. Avoid tagged VLANs when using 802.1X or MACAuth for phones. Many of those phones can use built-in client certificates to do EAP-TLS authentication with ClearPass, the Root CA for that is shipped in ClearPass.

Alcatel has been selling ClearPass as OEM product for quite some time, so they should have the documentation you are looking for.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.