Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6100 Management on Tagged VLAN

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  6100 Management on Tagged VLAN

Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:12 AM
    We bought our first Aruba 6100 after always using 25xx switches. All is well(ish) except I cannot manage the switch on a tagged management VLAN. The switch is set up for the VLAN on its uplink port. As soon as I untag the VLAN on the switch above the 6100 I can manage it fine, but with the incoming packets tagged I can neither web browse nor SSH into the switch. There has to be a setting somewhere that tells the 6100 to allow management via a tagged VLAN, but I can't find it in a reasonable troll through the 90+ pages of the CX manual! Any help much appreciated.

Frustrated CX Convert

• 2.  RE: 6100 Management on Tagged VLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 02:14 PM
    Hello Customi,

Do you have the vlan tagged on both switches? As you mention that when you untag the vlan only on the uplink port it is happening.
    Can you connect to another vlan ip address of the switch successfuly?
    Does your port and vlan config look like the following (e.g. if the vlan to reach is vlan10):

interface 1/1/1
    no shutdown
    no routing
    vlan trunk native 1
    vlan trunk allowed 1,10

interface vlan 10
    ip address 10.10.10.10/24

------------------------------
    -Alex-
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 6100 Management on Tagged VLAN

Posted Oct 03, 2022 04:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply Alex. It is working now, but no idea why as I tried this config serval times:

INT 1/1/1
    VLAN TRUNK ALLOWED ALL

VLAN 1001
    IP ADDRESS 192.168.10.22/24

The only difference is that this time I set the port using SSH and not the UI, but then I went to the UI and set the trunk on a different port and that also worked. I have no idea why it wasn't working now, but I understand why the configuration works. For the benefit of anyone else with a similar issue, the trunk from the 6100 (CX) is to a 6400R (ArubaOS) which has VLAN 1001 TAGGED B24 on the trunk port B24 to the 6100.