Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Session-Timeout and physical disconnect

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Session-Timeout and physical disconnect

Posted Jan 08, 2021 12:39 PM
    Hello,

In our Captive Portal with Radius authentication we are sending back the Session-Timeout value that should indicate the session length, but looks like the system terminates the logical session without actually disconnecting the user.
    As result all HTTPS pages are throwing security error (it tries to redirect from from the current https domain to Captive portal domain) and all background service that uses SSL connections also throwing security popups.
    Is there a way to drop the wifi connection when session is over?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Alexander Shulgin

• 2.  RE: Session-Timeout and physical disconnect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2021 01:19 PM
    Are you sure that the device is not getting disconnected and then automatically reconnecting (because device auto joins the network) and being placed in the pre-authentication role?

Ayman Mukaddam

• 3.  RE: Session-Timeout and physical disconnect

Posted Jan 11, 2021 03:08 PM

Yes, i am sure for 100%

All my wifi connection that i tested were configured to do not reconnect, and I checked it manually, it just stays connected.
    When session gets expired I see a Stop accounting message from IAP and,
    In Aruba central it changes device status: Connected -> Failed
    On device side: Connected -> Internet may not be available (Android) and No Internet (Windows)
    But both devices are staying connected, forever.

Alexander Shulgin