Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding IAP to MSP customer

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 24, 2021 05:38 AM
    Dear Experts,

I am evaluating Central MSP for a customer. I created a customer and added IAP-203R to it (snap attached). However, the AP is not showing under customer1.

I have already assigned subscription to IAP and initially i created an SSID through normal central account. Then i switched on central to MSP mode. Please tell me if this could be the issue?

Any idea what else i need to do?

------------------------------
    owais iqbal

• 2.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 24, 2021 05:40 AM
    please find attached snaps

owais iqbal

• 3.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2021 06:56 AM
    Did you try to unsubscribe the device and resubscribe it again?

Ayman Mukaddam

• 4.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 24, 2021 08:59 AM
    I think its all buggy. I signed out and now its given me this error. When i try to re-register using the same email, it says email id found. Anybody what is going on with Aruba Central?

image.png

Best Regards
    Owais Iqbal
    +92-321-2960496

• 5.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2021 02:04 PM
    Hi,

Did you choose the right region while trying to login?

Ayman Mukaddam

• 6.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 24, 2021 02:15 PM
    Yes, it was APAC. I re-registered with the same email, but now my IAP is gone. If i am trying to add, its showing device blocked!

Best Regards
    Owais Iqbal
    +92-321-2960496

• 7.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:15 AM
    If the device is shown as 'blocked device', it is almost certain that it is registered and subscribed to another Central account. Remove the subscription there and you should be able to add it to your new account.

When you don't have access to the original account, or you don't know to which account the AP is registered, Aruba Support can find that out for you and if you are found as the legitimate owner they can assist in releasing the original subscription.

This description of the possible MSP models may help you, as MSP mode provides the flexibility to have both Devices and subscriptions at either the MSP level or at the tenant level, which if you mix that up may make things complex as you see information in one place only in some cases.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 8.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:34 AM
    Dear Herman, 

The issue i faced was, i registered using "owais.iqbalhpn101@gmail.com" email address and added the IAP and did the configuration. Later in the evening, it was not allowing me to login using the same email address. Instead asking me to register again, when i entered the same email address, it says its already exists but also giving me the option to validate account and register again (strange!). I did that and now my IAP is lost somewhere in the cloud :))

Best Regards
    Owais Iqbal
    +92-321-2960496

• 9.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:54 AM
    Please reach out to support as they can check across accounts and devices to find your IAP and see what happened to your double-registration. One thing is that you can't have an account with the same username/e-mail at the MSP level and both in a tenant. MSP users will get tenant access automatically. Support should be able to see what happened and more importantly fix it.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 10.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:57 AM
    Dear Herman, 

Is there any email address for TAC or only phone numbers are available? Would appreciate your support

Best Regards
    Owais Iqbal
    +92-321-2960496

• 11.  RE: Adding IAP to MSP customer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2021 04:03 AM
    It's in my signature: Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. That lists phone numbers as well as other methods of contacting support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------