Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central

Posted Sep 17, 2018 07:31 AM

Hi Guys, 

I need some help with IAPs and Central. 

I have seen some posts for this, but it was for the old central. On the new Aruba central is it possible to setup up trap notifications if an AP goes down and can you let me know how to do this please? What other trap notifications are supported in central?

I have found out how to send SNMP traps to devices, just wanted to see if central can generate traps and send it out to an email address. 

If an IAP and central is deployed is it possible to setup a VPN solution/other solution so an existing corporate SSID can be advertised and authenticate the user against CPPM?

The IAPs would be installed in small remote sites. Corporate site has controllers and CPPM already setup. Just wanted to know if the corp SSID can be advertised in the remote site. I am not sure of the connection between these sites and the corp site. What are the options available for this?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 08:52 AM

Hey,

Short answers :)

- You can configure Alerts to be delivered via an email when an AP status has changed.

- You can configure the VC to terminate a VPN on an Aruba Mobility Controller. 

- If the remote site has a Controller and CPPM why don't you convert the IAP's to a CAP and use them in this fashion?

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central

Posted Sep 17, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. 

This is for my customer, I am trying to provide them with all the options available for this site. 

Please see responses inline:

- You can configure Alerts to be delivered via an email when an AP status has changed.

Please can you give me instructions on how to set this up on the new Aruba central ?

- You can configure the VC to terminate a VPN on an Aruba Mobility Controller. 

I have never set up a VPN from IAP to controller. I am looking for the advanatges/disadvantages of setting this up.

Would this allow a Corp SSID to authenticate against CPPM? 

What benefits would IAP VPN to controller allow you to have?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 09:29 AM

Under Central Monitoring and Reporting -> Alerts. If not you can grab the Central User Guide from the Support Site.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/SoftwareUserReferenceGuides/82/1/aruba%20central%20user%20guide.pdf

There is also training videos for you to review and understand

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/management/central/central-training/

There is numerous advantages and disadvantages to a IAP to MC VPN. First thing that comes to mind is cost, hardware, licenses and so on. Depending on if you are using GRE or IPSEC there is other limitations. These are also detailed in the User Guide.

If your VC can reach the CPPM via tunnel then the clients can authenticate via the CPPM.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central

Posted Sep 17, 2018 04:40 PM

Thank you for clarifying the alerting stuff. Not sure how I missed the "Configure Alerts" option.....

I read up on the VPN and it will most likely have to be a IPsec VPN. Does the VPN have to terminate on a controller or can it terminate on a firewall and then allow access to the necessary resources that way?

As all the corporate networking equipment is already in place, cost and licensing will not be seen as a dis-advantage to them. Is there any other dis-advantages that we should consider?