Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.

VPN, 7210 MC, CLEARPASS question

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  VPN, 7210 MC, CLEARPASS question

Posted May 17, 2022 12:57 PM
    Hello all,

I am relatively new to Aruba products, so please bare with me. We have a 7210 MC (standalone), that is running 6.x.x AOS, and all devices both pc and Mac can connect to the vpn just fine. The problem is this AOS version does not meet company security standards and I was told to move all of the vpn connections to a different one. 

I have another 7210 MC (standalone) that I moved all of the user roles and vpn connections to. We have had to update the device to meet company security standards. It is currently running 8.8.0.3 AOS. All user roles configured on the controller point back to clear pass for authentication, etc.

Here is the part that is making me pull my hair out. I can connect to vpn with a Microsoft surface just fine and the user gets the correct role. I CAN NOT CONNECT to the vpn with a Mac book. Both pc and Mac are running version 4.3 of Aruba VIA vpn client.

I have a tac case open on this issue, but no one seems to be able to tell me how to fix this. I have tried several different AOS versions 8.7.1.2, 8.7.1.9, and 8.8.0.3 and the Mac books will not connect. I put in our domain, my username and password, and get a MFA to download the profile. After that I click on the circle it turns green for a bit and they comes back VPN disconnected. Cant reach server.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    roughgod22
    ------------------------------