Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

Move iMC db

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Move iMC db

Posted Jan 19, 2022 04:07 PM
    I am running iMC 7.3 E0706p6 on windows 2012R2 using a local SQL 2012 sp4. I will be migrating to Windows 2019 in the near future, as part of the process i would like to move the db's to one of our db servers first then install iMC on a new 2019 server and connect to the db;s on the SQL server. I have not found any documentation that does not involve install iMC on the standalone SQL server first which would defeat the purpose.

Has anyone done something like this, can point me to some documentation?

------------------------------
    Gary Naeger

• 2.  RE: Move iMC db

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2022 03:07 AM
    Hello,

I'm not sure why you would want to move the DBs first, then install iMC on a new server and connect there? iMC needs to setup its DBs upon installation accordingly, and after that you can restore your previous system. Typically the migration process you use would look something like this:

1. Install the new iMC system on Server 2019 using a new instance on your DB server
    2. Take a DBMAN Backup of your existing system (DMA Environment tab)
    3. Restore the backup on the new system

For details see also Migration Guide https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00038008en_us

Justin Guse

• 3.  RE: Move iMC db

Posted Jan 20, 2022 09:41 AM
    Justin,

Thank you for your reply. I don't want to run iMC and SQL on the same box. We already have SQL 2019 servers running and i don't want to license a single purpose SQL server.

Gary Naeger

• 4.  RE: Move iMC db

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2022 02:53 AM
    Hello,

Step 1 I mentioned is not running iMC and SQL on the same box though. You install iMC on the new system using a new instance on your remote DB server.

Justin Guse