Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

bought an Aruba 7008 (controller) and a AP335

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  bought an Aruba 7008 (controller) and a AP335

Posted Feb 23, 2021 10:14 PM
    trying to figure out how to "try out" these two devices. I have the controller on the same network as my home lan, and I'm connected to it through the web and have configured it. Trying to figure out how many trial licenses I need to install and how to do that. In my aruba central account, I see a bunch of different trial license types (clear pass, advance-70XX, advance-72XX, foundation-72XX, foundation-70XX, device, device, and service). Why there all these different undescribed key types is beyond me. Okay, so now how do I get one of these licenses onto my 7008 controller? Or the AP? The web interface for the 7008 seems to be pointing to https://licensing.arubanetworks.xxx
    which when I click on it, says it's outdated, and leads me to to HP. When I get to the HP site I have no way to generate trial licenses. Which seems to imply there is no way to generate a trial license for this 7008 controller or the AP. is that right?

When i try putting ANY of the Aruba Central keys into my 7008 controller's license information page, they are 16 characters in length and the web page simply won't accept them. I press Add and nothing happens.

Any help out there?

------------------------------
    eric frazer

• 2.  RE: bought an Aruba 7008 (controller) and a AP335

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2021 11:18 PM
    Today the gateways that will be managed by Central will need to be run as SD-WAN gateways. so those licenses like foundation-70XX is for using 7008 as a SD-WAN gateways not for terminating APs.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: bought an Aruba 7008 (controller) and a AP335

Posted Feb 24, 2021 01:26 AM
    yeah... way, way, WAY too complicated. Sending these devices back for a refund and going with Ruckus.
    Yay.

eric frazer

• 4.  RE: bought an Aruba 7008 (controller) and a AP335

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 03:58 AM
    What are you trying to build?

The components you mention seem to be for an SD-Branch solution. For evaluating SD-Branch, it makes sense to get some support from your Aruba partner or local Aruba SE as it has a lot of features and integrations that depending on the use-case may make sense or may not.

If you want to deploy or evaluate SD-Branch, you may check this video series that describes the setup. That solution is managed by Aruba Central, and is also fully licensed from Central.

In case you want to deploy traditional WiFi, you may for home use have enough with just the AP if it can run in Instant mode. When deploying controller-based WiFi, you need licenses for your controller that you should have acquired with the equipment and can activate on asp.arubanetworks.com (License section). Depending on your account status, you may be able to generate evaluation licenses, if you can't reach out to your partner or Aruba SE.

This all starts by determining what you want to do and what you want to evaluate, as mentioned there are multiple deployment options and it only makes sense to make that decision after you know your requirements.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.