Community Platform How-to

View Only
last person joined: 2 months ago 

New User Getting Started FAQ - New to the community? Read me first 

May 09, 2013 05:36 AM

Welcome to the Airheads Social Community!

To help you quickly get started in the community, we've put together a “Getting Started” FAQ below with information useful to new community members. If you have additional questions, suggestions or comments about the Airheads Social, please feel free to post in the “Community Feedback and Platform Support” board.

Best Regards,

The Airheads Social Community Team

Airheads Social Getting Started FAQ

Q. What is the purpose of this community?

A.  Airheads Social is an interactive, peer to peer community dedicated to sharing information and promoting technical discussions and collaborations related to the wireless network industry.

Q. Will I receive official Aruba Networks technical support in this community?

A. Although many Aruba Networks employees regularly participate in Airheads Social, use of this site is not intended to be a substitute for Aruba technical support.   If you need help using Aruba products, please send an email to Technical Support:

North America, Latin America, APAC:  support@arubanetworks.com 

EMEA:  emea_support@arubanetworks.com 

Q. Why should I register?

A. Registration for the community is free. You will be able to post in the discussion boards after you register. In addition, you will also be able to subscribe to topics, reply by email and customize the user interface when you are logged in.  See the TKB Video on “How to register for the Airheads Social Community” for more details.

Q. I have a technical question I'd like to ask the community, how should I get started?

A. Please start by performing a search to see if your question has already been asked and answered before. If you cannot find an existing thread that answers your question, feel free to post a new thread in the relevant discussion board. When writing your first post, please make sure to:

• Initiate a new thread instead of replying to an unrelated thread. See TKB on “How to Create and Reply to a Topic
  • Write a short and clear title that explains the nature of your technical issue (For example, instead of cryptic titles such as “help!” or “my network is down”, try to include as much key details as possible in the message title. This will help other knowledgeable users find and answer your question faster)
  • Be sure to include relevant technical details such as product model number, operating system, computer hardware specifications and a detailed description of your technical issue in the post.
  • A friendly voice is more likely to receive help from community peers and experts. While we understand technical problems may lead to frustration, please be courteous when asking for help in the community. Thanking an expert user with a quick reply and marking the answer with “accepted solutions” and “kudos” will encourage helpful behaviors in the community and build relationships.

Q. Another forum user posted a technical solution I do not completely understand, should I give it a try?

A. Solutions posted by community members are not tested by Aruba Networks nor endorsed by Aruba Networks as acceptable solutions. Even though other fellow Airheads may be posting a recommended solution with good intentions, please make sure you understand the solution completely before trying it at your own risk. We do not guarantee the accuracy, the integrity, or the quality of user-generated content on Airheads Social. Unless otherwise indicated, Airheads Social community members speak for themselves in the community and they do not represent their employers. Please see section 6 and 7 of our community terms of service for additional details.

Q. What is the "Accept as Solution" button for?

A. "Accepted Solution" is a method to mark messages which correctly answered the original posted questions. When you mark a helpful post as an “Accepted Solution”, you are encouraging other users to share their knowledge by recognizing their valuable input and expressing appreciation. Marking a post as "Accepted solution" will also help other users identify an answer faster when using the search function. In order to avoid confusion, only the user who posted the original question and moderators are able to mark a reply as an "Accepted Solution". For more details see the forum help section on accepted solutions.

Even though a post may be marked as an accepted solution by the community, Aruba Networks does not guarantee the accuracy, the integrity, or the quality of user-generated content on Airheads Social. Please see section 6 and 7 of our community terms of service for additional details.

Q. What is the “Give Kudos” button for?

A. "Kudos" is a positive rating system which allows you to give approval to content you find helpful. When you click on the Kudos button, you are essentially giving the message a thumbs-up. Often a post or reply may not address an existing technical issue, but it may add value to the conversation or benefit the community. Please encourage users who post high quality content by clicking on the "Kudos" button underneath the post. For more details see the forum help section on kudos.

Even though a post may have received “Kudos” from community members, Aruba Networks does not guarantee the accuracy, the integrity, or the quality of user-generated content on Airheads Social. Please see section 6 and 7 of our community terms of service for additional details.

Q. How do I report violations to the community terms of service?

A. If you see a post in the community that violates the community terms of service, you can “Alert a Moderator”. Likewise if you see a post on the wrong board, you can “Alert a Moderator” to request it be moved to another board.  See the TKB on “How to Report Inappropriate Content to a Moderator” for more details.

Q. How do I contact another community member privately?

A. Please use the community private messenger if you would like to communicate with another member offline. You may access the private messenger interface by clicking on the envelop icon next to your user name on the upper right hand corner of the screen. For more details see the forum help section about private messenger.

If you wish to be contacted by e-mail when someone sends you a Private Message, you will need to set the appropriate forum preference in your account settings. The Private Messenger Settings screen can be found here.

Q. How does the user ranking structure work?

A. User rank appears next to username and it is based on a combination of several participation variables (including number of posts, number of accepted solutions, number of kudos and time spent in the community). The ranking system was put in place to recognize senior members of the community and encourage participation. To see the level of user ranks, from beginner to advanced, see the blog article titled “new community user ranking structure”.

Q. Is there a place to find additional TKB articles related to the community?

A. Yes, you can find additional TKB articles in the “Community Feedback and Support Knowledge Base”.  For additional help with using the forums, check out the forum help guide.  You can also ask for additional TKB articles for consideration by leaving a post with your request on the “Community Feedback and Platform Support” forum.

#AP115

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.