Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2512 Web Interface problem

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  2512 Web Interface problem

Posted Aug 26, 2013 12:39 PM

So I've inherited a Procurve 2512 switch, and when I use HyperTerminal to connect through the serial port, I use "show ip" to get the IP address to log into the web interface via ethernet.  But when I plug my ethernet cable into port 1 and enter the IP address into Internet Explorer, it says it can't connect.  This is my first venture into Procurve, so am I missing something simple?  Any help would be appreciated!

#EWS

• 2.  RE: 2512 Web Interface problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 01:38 PM

Hi

The IPs of the switch and the management PC should be in the same IP subnet.

If there are multiple VLANs on the switch, it has to be checked in what VLAN is configured the management IP. Then you have to check which ports belong to this VLAN and connect your PC to one of them.

You have to check whether the management is restricted to certain IP addresses, like authorized IP f.e.

Or whether web-management is disabled.

The best answer could be provided if you could paste the output of show running-config