Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2910al-48G: Resetting port statistics with SNMP set?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  2910al-48G: Resetting port statistics with SNMP set?

Posted Jun 15, 2012 09:57 AM

Hi,

I wondering if it possible to actually reset the 2910al-48G switch's port statistics permantly without having to reboot the switch, by using a SNMP set instead?

(If you do a "clear interface statistics" the statistics will only reset in during that session)

For example if I wanted to reset the tx dropped packets counter on port to 0:

snmpset.exe -u operator -c myCommunity -v 2c 10.0.0.10 ifOutDiscards.16 i 0

Sadly, I have currently no HP switches for lab testing, so I'm not to happy about just trying this command out in our office network switches.

Thanks

- Jesper

P.S. This thread has been moved from Comware-Based to  ProCurve / ProVision-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

#MIB
    #snmp
    #oid
    #SNMPset

• 2.  RE: 2910al-48G: Resetting port statistics with SNMP set?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 08:20 AM

Apparently this is not possible because the MIBs OIDs is using the data type "Counter32" or "Counter64" which is read-only.

But would be great if someone proved me wrong or came up with a work-around though.