View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

Posted 12 days ago

Hello all,

I have 4 HP5520 (R8M27A), we stacked the 4 switchs using IRF works fine. We wanted to interconnect with another switch same logic 4 members :

The four interfaces are up but cant understand why only 2 seems to be up in the aggregate (speed stay at 2G)  :

BAGG2                UP   2G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1
    GE1/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-1/24
    GE2/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-2/24
    GE3/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-3/24
    GE4/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-4/24

Here the configuration used (same for 3/0/24 & 4/0/24)  :

interface Bridge-Aggregation2
     description To BAG-Switch1
     port link-type trunk
     undo port trunk permit vlan 1
     port trunk permit vlan XXX XXX XX
     link-aggregation mode dynamic
     stp tc-restriction
     dhcp snooping trust

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/24
     port link-mode bridge
     description To Switch1-1/24
     port link-type trunk
     combo enable auto
     stp tc-restriction
     port link-aggregation group 2
     dhcp snooping trust

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/24
     port link-mode bridge
     description Vers To Switch1-2/24          
     port link-type trunk
     combo enable auto
     stp tc-restriction
     port link-aggregation group 2
     dhcp snooping trust

Only 2/0/24 & 4/0/24 seems active in the BAG2, when i disconnect both. Interface 3/0/24 go up and active the BAG2 have a speed of one even if two interfaces are still active when i disconnect 3/0/24 then 1/0/24 go active and the BAG speed stay at 1G : 

IFNET/3/PHY_UPDOWN: Physical state on the interface GigabitEthernet2/0/24 changed to down.
     IFNET/5/LINK_UPDOWN: Line protocol state on the interface GigabitEthernet2/0/24 changed to down.
     LAGG/6/LAGG_ACTIVE: Member port GE3/0/24 of aggregation group BAGG2 changed to the active state.
     LAGG/6/LAGG_INACTIVE_IFCFG_DEFAULT: Member port GE4/0/24 of aggregation group BAGG2 changed to the inactive state, because no LACPDU was received by the reference port.
     IFNET/3/PHY_UPDOWN: Physical state on the interface GigabitEthernet4/0/24 changed to down.
     IFNET/5/LINK_UPDOWN: Line protocol state on the interface GigabitEthernet4/0/24 changed to down.
     IFNET/5/LINK_UPDOWN: Line protocol state on the interface GigabitEthernet3/0/24 changed to up.

BAGG2                UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1
    GE1/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-1/24
    GE3/0/24             UP   1G(a)   F(a)   T    1    To Switch1-1/24

My question is why is it not possible to have the 4 interfaces up in the BAGG2 ? i never managed to have the BAGG2 with a speed of 4G.

Thanks i advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: 4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

MVP GURU
    Posted 11 days ago
    Hi, it would be benefical to help you to diagnose this issue to see the relevant four ports Links Aggregation configuration on the Switch1 side (the IRF's peer). Apparently - as far as we can see with the details you provided -  the IRF's BAGG side looks good, I mean the BAGG2 looks well formed with four totally identical physical member interfaces aggregated together (4x1Gbps means an "aggregated" bandwidth of 4Gbps)

• 3.  RE: 4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

Posted 11 days ago

Hi 

Please post the result of the following command :

display link-agg verbose bridge2

------------------------------
    Frederic
    (kudos welcome)

• 4.  RE: 4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

Posted 10 days ago

The issue where only two interfaces are active in BAGG2 on your HP 5520 switches despite configuring four interfaces for aggregation could stem from several factors. Ensure that LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) is correctly configured and enabled on all interfaces involved in BAGG2. Verify compatibility between switch models and firmware versions, as well as the integrity of cables and interfaces. Check the load balancing algorithm and review switch logs for any errors or warnings that might indicate why certain ports are inactive in the aggregation. Consulting HP documentation or support resources may provide specific insights or solutions tailored to your switch configuration and environment, helping resolve the issue and achieve the desired 4G speed aggregation.

• 5.  RE: 4 interfaces aggregate in HP5520

Posted 2 days ago

@Nomadnet9 : did you came through with this problem ? You did not post the informations needed to help you...

Frederic
    (kudos welcome)