Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

Posted Jul 13, 2011 05:04 PM

Hi all,

Anybody knows if it's possible to configure IRF using gigabit interfaces (instead 10Gb interfaces) on 4800G family? If possible, could you post an example?

ps: Although the configuration guide explain how to configure IRF it does't inform if I can use gigabit interfaces. All examples are using 10Gb interfaces.

Thanks in advance,

anagamine

#10gb
    #irf
    #gigabit
    #4800g

• 2.  RE: 4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

Posted Jul 14, 2011 08:04 PM

Not as far as I am aware. My understanding is that you must use 10Gb ports for the interswitch links for IRF. Certainly for the A-series it has to be 10Gb so I would expect these E-series units to be the same.

From the 4800G switch quickspecs

Advanced IRF technology stacking:
    Locally connect up to nine E4800G switches using 10 Gigabit or CX4 local connections

• 3.  RE: 4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

Posted Jul 18, 2011 03:23 PM

Thanks for your attention Mark!

I also imagine all IRF connection must use 10Gb interfaces. I'm asking because a friend of mine told me he thinks that some families support IRF using 1Gb interfaces but he has no sure. 10Gb modules are expensive so in case it accept giga interfaces it could be a cheaper option.

Tks

• 4.  RE: 4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

Posted Jul 21, 2011 04:58 PM

A5120SI supports IRF with Gb links

• 5.  RE: 4800G series - IRF using gigabit interfaces

Posted Aug 02, 2011 11:26 AM

thanks for the information!