Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

5400R Bandwidth Shaping

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  5400R Bandwidth Shaping

Posted Nov 13, 2018 12:41 PM

I see in the data sheet (DS) that the 5400R/3810 provides Bandwidth Shaping. In my case I can not use traffic policing/rate limiting as a solution as the application will not support discarding over subscribe traffic. I need something along the lines of traffic shaping. The DS does state support for "Reduced bandwidth provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth". 

This sounds more like what I need, but I can not find any documentation on how to configure traffic shaping only traffic policing. Does anyone have an example or can point me to a solution. 

We have had discussions of putting another switch between the 5400R and the ENNI that supports traffic shaping, but I am trying to avoid this. Thanks in advance!