Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

5412zl daily disconnects at the same time

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  5412zl daily disconnects at the same time

Posted 6 hours ago

Hello!

Hopefully I am in the right group.

I am looking for some advice/direction with a recurring issue on a 5412zl.

Every day between 10:00am and 10:30am, we lose network and internet connectivity for roughly 1-2 minutes; the connectivity returns on its own.
    During this time I cannot ping the switch or connect to it in any way.

I see two messages in the event log during the outages which are baffling to me: They are logged about 10 min apart.

"Failed to allocate new Neighbor Table entry, will LRU oldest host FIB entry"

"IpAddrMgr: IPAM Control task delayed due to slave message queues too full"

I have absolutely no idea what they mean, or where to look to find their cause.

This switch is our L3 switch where all the buildings connect to--there are 10 buildings connected via fiber to the 5412zl.

The issue appeared out of nowhere with no recent changes made on the switch, which makes me even more confused.

The firmware is updated to the last available revision, K.16.02.0036.

Aruba support will not assist here as the switch is out of support life.  
    We are looking into purchasing a new switch within the next 6 months.

I can provide any other information if it would be helpful.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any insights or advice!

• 2.  RE: 5412zl daily disconnects at the same time

MVP GURU
    Posted 4 hours ago
    Quite interesting. How many MAC Addresses do you normally have on your 5412zl? how is the ARP table filling/aging? do you notice something strange like, as example, extensive networks scans performed internally against your network (legit or non legit such of a scan could be)? generally issues related to exhausting FIB, ARP and/or MAC Address tables are seldom seen on network with a well known number of connected devices and routes and when that number is below thousands (as example IIRC the main routing table of a 5412zl can contain up to 10k entries and, speaking about Layer 2 forwarding, the switch should have a forwarding or MAC table that can contain up to 65536 entries, just to say).