Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6300 10G uplinks with comware devices

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  6300 10G uplinks with comware devices

Posted 3 days ago

Hi,

We've purchased 2x6300M and we would like to keep our (old core) comware 5130 as distribution switches with 10G uplinks to the 6300M. 

I've checked the datasheet documents but I doubt about compatibility between those. 

Will the 6300M support our 5130 10G SFP+ DAC cables (JD095C)? 
    If not how can I interconnect those 4 switches with 10G uplinks? 

Before there use to be a huge compatibility matrix document with all the switches models en all the trancevers, do this document still exist? I'm unable to find it.

Regards,

Raul

• 2.  RE: 6300 10G uplinks with comware devices

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Raul

There is the compatibility guide where the supported transceivers and DAC cables are listed per model:
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Switches/xcvrs/PDF/AOS-S%20and%20AOS-CX%20Transceiver%20Guide.pdf

JD095C cables are not the newest. Therefore they are not anymore officially supported by Aruba's 6000 series switches.

However, that does not mean, that they do not work. You just do not get any support by HPE Aruba in case you have a problem with
    your network.

To be on the safe side, you can interconnect the switches using 10G SR SFP+ transceiver (multi-mode optics) plus fiber cables. Such, you
    can choose a compatible optic module on each side of the cable (e.g. J9150D on Aruba side and JD092B (pls double check) on Comware side).

The cost of this solution is a bit higher but it's compatible and supported for sure.

Regards,

Thomas