Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

7005 Controller Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 66 times
  • 1.  7005 Controller Upgrade

Posted Dec 16, 2021 10:38 AM
    I received a 7005 controller, two AP 205's, and four licenses after attending an ACMP course several years ago.  Is there any way to upgrade the OS or am I stuck with 6.4 since I don't have a support contract?  Are there performance and/or security concerns with running an OS this old?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 16, 2021 01:51 PM
    No problem to install the latest ArubaOS 8.9.x.x release with this type controller and AP.
    You can download this version from the Aruba Support Website https://asp.arubanetworks.com with your ASP account.

Note: For upgrade 6.x to 8.x your configuration will be factory resetted. Keep you licenses save by backup "show licence" before proceed the upgrade.

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

Posted Dec 16, 2021 02:01 PM
    Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, I do not have a support contract or access to the support portal.  Is this something that is available without a partnership?

• 4.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 16, 2021 03:42 PM
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/support/warranty-summary.pdf

4. Includes all generally available software/OS releases offered for the specific products listed, when and if available, for as long as the
    customer owns the product, except where noted. Some software releases may require additional or new hardware. Customers who desire specific feature updates, patches and fixes to be prioritized into future releases should purchase the appropriate support services from HPE. Products marked with "N/A" require an active support contract to download any software updates or upgrades.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 5.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2021 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately, you need an active support contract to download AOS controller software images through ASP - as indicated by the previous comment/warranty statement.

I work for Aruba. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 6.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2021 04:58 AM
    Try contact our Aruba support and check, may be they can provide one time exception support but not sure  give a try.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!

• 7.  RE: 7005 Controller Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2021 10:53 AM
    Note that for an upgrade from 6.x to 8.x you will need to relicense as well, which requires the licenses to be in your account. Unfortunately.

Yes, there are security concerns in running an OS this old. Would not recommend it.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.