Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7210 Controller Cluster crashed

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  7210 Controller Cluster crashed

Posted 2 days ago

Hi,

today marks a first:

Both controllers of one of our aruba mobility controller clusters crashed. Or at least i think they crashed, as i do not know what actually happened. I'm certain they rebooted though, causing a temporary outage at one of our locations.

The controllers came back on their own after about 15 minutes.

Both are 7210 Controllers, running 8.12.0.2, upgraded from 8.11.2.2 just a week ago.

They are fully clustered, but due to an unrelated VLAN messup currently only a L3 cluster.

Both controllers went offline in the span of 5 minutes.

One controller does have a crash.tar, but that has only information about two older crashes three years ago. The other controller does not have a crash.tar at all.

A "show crashinfo" shows "datapath" as process name, on both controllers. The timestamp correlates to our outage, and to where syslog messages stopped.

I checked the syslog messages, but nothing catches my eye that points to a reason for the reboot.

How would i proceed in finding the underlying issue?

• 2.  RE: 7210 Controller Cluster crashed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

Open a case with TAC to retrieve any remaining crash information and attempt an RCA.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------