Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

802.11ax and Windows 10

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  802.11ax and Windows 10

Posted Jun 22, 2021 12:40 PM
    Hello,

I have a Windows 10 user who cannot see eduroam as an available network in a building with AP-503Hs. The laptop can connect to eduroam without issue in buildings with older generation APs (AP-325 and AP-303H). The user's iPhone can see eduroam and connect without issue in either location.

It appears to me to be an issue between Windows 10 and the 802.11ax APs. I did not make any changes to the existing AP groups when I installed the new APs. Is there anything that needs to be configured differently to make this work? I am currently running AOS 8.7.1.3.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jess

------------------------------
    Jessica Tait

• 2.  RE: 802.11ax and Windows 10
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2021 07:24 PM
    some clients would have issues with HE setting, see if turning it off will make a difference

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: 802.11ax and Windows 10

Posted Jun 23, 2021 10:47 AM
    That worked! Thank you very much!

Jessica Tait

• 4.  RE: 802.11ax and Windows 10

Posted Jun 23, 2021 11:15 AM

I know there were some issues with Intel drivers that caused this type of problem.  It might be good to see if you can get updated drivers on these devices so you can leverage the full capabilities of these AP's.
    --

• 5.  RE: 802.11ax and Windows 10

Posted Jun 23, 2021 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion Jim. I have reached out to the user and will see if there's any updates available on the laptop. It's definitely not ideal to turn off a setting for just one type of device, but I'm glad that change has helped narrow down the cause of the problem. Hopefully I only need to turn it off temporarily.

Jessica Tait

• 6.  RE: 802.11ax and Windows 10

MVP
    Posted Jun 25, 2021 09:55 AM
    I've heard the rumblings about intel driver issues. Can anyone confirm a working driver version (specifically for the 8265) that seems to work well with the AP5xx's? I am seeing connection issues with my laptop's internal 8265 running what I believe are the latest intel drivers (20.70.23.1). I have not had a chance yet to test disabling HE on the AP side (however I don't want that to be the long term answer of course).