Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

802.1x authentication timeout

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  802.1x authentication timeout

Posted Nov 14, 2023 06:34 PM

Hi 

We have Aruba IAP environment managed through Aruba Central and off late we seeing many clients timed out from authentication through clearpass (.1x) and same was successful after few moments. Does any one have similiar issue and have solution for the same.

Also in t he packet capture i see message stating Tag length longer than remaining payload" any idea about the same.

• 2.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2023 11:35 PM

is this still happening ? what firmware version are you running?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

Posted Nov 20, 2023 10:11 AM

Yes, it is still happening we are running two different version like 8.10.0.5_85552 and 10.4..0.X

• 4.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2023 04:52 PM

the latest maintenance release fore  8.10.x is 8.10.0.9 and for 10.4. is 10.4.0.3

what AP models do you have?

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

Posted Nov 28, 2023 05:38 AM

We use  AP 505 model

• 6.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

Posted Nov 24, 2023 12:02 PM

Has this worked before? If so, when did it break?

The 'tag length longer than remaining payload' point to a possible MTU issue, make sure that jumbo frames are enabled on all network devices (switches) between the AP and your ClearPass. Or a firewall or other security device may corrupt the RADIUS frames.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: 802.1x authentication timeout

Posted Nov 28, 2023 05:39 AM

Hi herman,

Good point, i know we have enabled Jumbo in all sites, its worth to validate the same from the reported sites. Thanks