Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

Posted Jul 15, 2024 12:19 PM

Good day,

I have a concern regarding the 8325 switch . I already upgrade the firmware from 10.05 to 10.14 and it happens that there is a fan faulty . the remaining 5 fans automatically run in max speed which is raise a concern on our end. then I just try to downgrade it back to 10.05 and all fan are running at normal speed. (still it has a faulty fan) but my concern is why it automatically run to max speed if I loaded the 10.14 firmware but in 10.05 it runs a normal speed even the faulty fan still exist.

• 2.  RE: 8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 15, 2024 12:58 PM
    Hi! how exactly you performed the AOS-CX upgrade from 10.05 to 10.14? was the fan faulty in origin (when the system was initially at 10.05)?

• 3.  RE: 8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

Posted Jul 15, 2024 09:22 PM

We dont have an idea if its faulty already from 10.05 version since we noticed it that the fan is in max speed the next morning. I already downgrade it to 10.05 and the fan speed is now in a normal status .but still faulty fan still exist

may concern is in 10.14 firmware the speed status of other fans will automatically run in a max speed if it detects a faulty fan but in 10.05 it works normal even the faulty fan detected

• 4.  RE: 8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

Posted Jul 16, 2024 04:35 AM

Let's start with that getting the faulty fan replaced may be good to start with.

Then, I don't know why the behavior is different in 10.14 vs 10.5, but one explanation may be that engineering has seen devices permanently damaged with a failing fan (or a specific failing fan) and has remediated that in recent firmware; or it is to make clear there is something wrong with the switch. Or it's just something overseen in the development process.

If you are in contact with Aruba Support to get the fan replaced, they probably can answer or look up why the remaining fans are running at full speed.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: 8325 SWITCH FAN IN MAX SPEED

Posted Jul 16, 2024 05:35 AM

Hi Herman,

I already contact the TAC Support and as per check they will replaced the defective fan . and they will recommend to do a firmware downgrade from 10.14 to 10.13