Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band

Posted Nov 23, 2023 10:47 PM

Hi I am Chang, Aruba Korea's Reseller Partner 

My customer uses 9240 controller(OS 8.10.0.8 LSR) and AP-655 for their office wlan infra.

I want to know which one is better to avoid radio interference, enlarging user's through put, small load and less damage to AP-655's Power, and so on

1. Enable All Radios 6, 5, and 2.4 Ghz band

2. Enable two radios 6 and 5 Ghz band  (disable 2.4 Ghz)

and actually I enabled 6 Ghz Radio Band, but wireless terminal devices don't get attached to 6 Ghz (exactly "6E"), but only 5 Ghz

please give me the reason why and how to fix it ( I heard band-steering is not supported) 

▼ client dashboard

Thank you

• 2.  RE: 9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band

Posted Nov 24, 2023 08:26 AM

Do those wireless terminal devices support 6ghz?  If not, they will not be able to see it.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: 9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2023 10:37 AM

Did you set the WLAN to use WPA3?  6 GHz requires WPA3.  Run "show ap bss-table" from the controller to validate the AP is creating a BSSID for 6 GHz.

If 6 GHz is broadcasting and your device doesn't see 6 GHz as an option, the problem is with the client.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 4.  RE: 9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band

Posted Nov 27, 2023 04:33 AM

Actually, I had my WLAN set to WPA3, but, I saw LDAP auth server and aruba 9240 controller were still using WPA2 key in the command output 'show auth-tracebuf'

does this practically affect to wireless terminal device to use 5 Ghz?

my phone is Galaxy S23 Ultra that supports WiFi-6E 

• 5.  RE: 9240 Controller's Radio Effectiveness to AP-655's PSU and Wireless Users don't attached to 6 Ghz band

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2023 08:08 AM

The client device decides which band to use.  Did you verify that there is a 6 GHz BSSID?

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110