View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Access lost on HPE3600

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Access lost on HPE3600

Posted Mar 31, 2018 09:47 PM

Hi all,

I did a mistake on an HPE 3600-48-PoE+ v2 and I lost any access to modify configuration.
    I was trying to enable SSH access with admin rights and secure console ports, but finally I just lost ability to change configuration since I saved the configuration before testing (dumb I am).

Bellow are the main part of the configuration, including the Comware version.

# version 5.20.99, Release 2111

domain default enable system
    undo ip http enable
    password-recovery enable

domain system
     access-limit disable
     state active
     idle-cut disable
     self-service-url disable

user-group system
     group-attribute allow-guest

local-user admin
     password cipher <masked>
     authorization-attribute user-role network-admin
     service-type ssh terminal

interface NULL0

ssh server enable

user-interface aux 0
    user-role network-admin authentication-mode scheme user-interface vty 0 15 authentication-mode scheme protocol inbound ssh save force

In striked blue the lines that did not worked (wrong/invalid commands) and that were supposed to grant admin account the relevant rights.

In red the lines that I suspect they made me lose the admin control of the switch.

Now when I connect via console port or SSH I can login with admin account but without any other access than display current configuration, I am not able to switch to system view.

Any help would be much appreciated on:
    - How to gain back administrative rights (system view) or restore factory / previous configuration
    - How to configure properly access (which commands instead of blue ones) ; should I create user role network-admin or use another role name?

Many thanks in advance,

Julien

• 2.  RE: Access lost on HPE3600

Posted Mar 31, 2018 10:21 PM

From what I saw on another thread (but for another switch model), commands were :

reset saved-configuration backup
    save
    reboot

or

display startup
    delete startup.cfg
    reboot

But I am not sure both commands would work if I do not have configuration access?

Also, I saw that via console I might be able to retrive acces via a specific boot menu at startup.

Any experience on this operation for the HPE3600 equipment are most welcome.

Many thanks,

Julien

#comware
    #HPE

• 3.  RE: Access lost on HPE3600

Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:49 AM

Hello

Can you try access the boot menu? From there you can skip your current configuration and replace it.

Check following link for all the specific steps.

Kind regards