Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Accessing HP 5412 Switch By Console&Putty

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Accessing HP 5412 Switch By Console&Putty

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:55 AM

i faced Problem to connect to HP 5412 Switch using Putty, I dont Know 

Putty Parameters Like Speed....etc.

Please your Help.

• 2.  RE: Accessing HP 5412 Switch By Console&Putty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2017 04:45 AM

I typically use the 'industry default' settings 9600 baud, 8N1. For the Aruba switches, the switch is even sensing the speed. So if you have it set different, it should work as well.

To 'sense' the speed, what the console port needs is some signal. I tend to press enter 3 times, then the console comes alive:

<enter>
    <enter>
    <enter>
     Connected at 9600 baud
    Aruba JL074A 3810M-48G-PoE+-1-slot Switch
    Software revision KB.16.03.0003

On the speed, this is in the manual:

To connect a console to the switch, configure the PC terminal emulator as a DEC VT-100 (ANSI) terminal or use a VT-100 terminal, and configure either one to operate with these settings:
    • Any baud rate from 1200 to 115200 (the switch senses the speed).
    • 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, and flow control set to off.
    • For the Windows Terminal program, also disable (uncheck) the “Use Function, Arrow, and Ctrl Keys for Windows” option.
    • For the Hilgraeve HyperTerminal program, select the “Terminal keys” option for the “Function, arrow, and ctrl keys act as” parameter.

For me I have never experienced issues, you need to know though that you have to 'enter' a few times to wake the console up.

• 3.  RE: Accessing HP 5412 Switch By Console&Putty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 05:04 AM

In response from Herman you can see correct settings. I hope it's working for you at the mioment? If not sometimes it helps to reboot the switch when you have console port connected. Off course if you're able to reboot the switch. If you have this issue more often and it's older switch version you can configure console port settings fixed in switch configuration. This way you skip autosensing which in older version can in rare cases gives some issues.