Security

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

Posted yesterday

Good Day,

I want to ask if is there anyone here encountered where accounting tab won't showed up in user information in access tracker or in accounting tab is 0 meaning no accounting traffic has been received.

TAC already checked the configuration and as per tac all of the configuration works fine but still accounting tab wont showed up in clearpass. since i need to enable accounting to create a policy to limit users active sessions .

is anyone has an idea on how to resolved this issue ? I hope someone will answer my concern.

• 2.  RE: ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

Posted yesterday

I'm on 6.12.2 and I see accounting as expected. See screenshot below.

I think there has been some known issue in the past with TACACS accounting not showing up, but that is also expected to be resolved in all current ClearPass versions.

Have you ran a packet capture (Collect Logs) and verified that accounting data is actually coming in?
    Did you enable 'Log Interim Accounting'?
    Do you see accounting data in Monitoring » Live Monitoring » Accounting?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

Posted yesterday

Hello Herman, I already enable Interim accounting in controller . My accounting tab under access tracker is still empty. As of now im waiting with TAC response regarding the packet capture logs that I have sent

• 4.  RE: ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

Posted 19 hours ago

Hello Herman, I already updated the firmware of my cppm vm and it is now on 6.12.2 but still no accounting traffic has been received. 

• 5.  RE: ACCOUNTING IS MISSING IN 6.12 CLEARPASS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 19 hours ago

Your best option at this point is going to be working with TAC to determine why accounting isn't showing up.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110