Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

ACSA training courses - ILT vs vILT

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  ACSA training courses - ILT vs vILT

Posted Apr 18, 2023 02:59 PM

Dear community I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I will give a try anyway.
    My job just requested that I get to certified for the ACSA and I'm not sure whether I should go for the Virtual or Instructor. However, this post is more about getting feedback on the vILT from the ones who took it. If someone can recommend it and share their experiences it would be greatly appreciated.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you,
    ps: feel free to move this thread in the right community if it needs to be.

• 2.  RE: ACSA training courses - ILT vs vILT

Posted Apr 19, 2023 12:44 PM

With Virtual Instructor Led Training, you get the same training, it's just that the trainer and attendees are not in the same room but connected online. There still is a trainer, classes are similar size, only difference is that it is delivered remote.
    For some people being in the same room is important (to be not distracted), for others not needing to travel, or the ability to do the training in the evening (other timezone) is a big benefit.

Others may share their experiences as well, would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: ACSA training courses - ILT vs vILT

Posted Apr 20, 2023 03:49 PM

Hi Herman,
    thank you for the clarification. What about the eLearning + Labs, does it differ a lot from the vILT? is it accurate/enough to help being certified?
    Thank you so much.

• 4.  RE: ACSA training courses - ILT vs vILT

Posted Apr 25, 2023 07:11 AM

eLearning and labs are supposed to have the same content, so it would be a good start to prepare for certification as well as the ILT or vILT. Some people prefer one delivery method over another... one benefit of eLearning is that you can really do that in your own time schedule. Any of the delivery methods should provide you with the content needed to pass the certification exam, and with any of the methods you would probably need to do additional studying/hands-on to pass the exam.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.