Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.10.0

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 12, 2019 07:07 AM

Hi, I just updated Airwave from 8.2.9.1 to 8.2.10.0. After the virtual machine has restarted I cannot log in with "ampadmin -password". Does anyone know if they have been changing credentials?

Paolo D'antona

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 12, 2019 09:44 AM

i just upgraded my lab VM and the ampadmin account was that same as before the upgrade(ie username ampadmin).  So I dont think its changed.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 16, 2019 04:59 AM

As alow has already said, the username did not change. I using "admin" and it still works in 8.2.10.0.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 17, 2019 08:52 AM

It's not *supposed* to affect upgrades, but this might be relevant:

amp-pw.jpg

Sauce: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00090980en_us

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 30, 2019 04:18 PM

The link you gave is broken. 

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 05:04 PM

Doc links aren't static, they expire over time.

• 7.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 10:30 AM

It should still work. I upgraded yesterday and didnt find any issue with it. Hope you didnt run out of disk space on the server. ampadmin login wouldnt work sometimes when we run out of disk space/DB is down.

• 8.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 22, 2019 04:02 AM

Hi,

i haven't the same issue, but an issue with the login after updating to 8.2.10.0.

I use "LDAP Authentication and Authorization".
    After the update, no one can login to airwave (WebGUI) via LDAP.

I thought it was maybe the mentioned above password policy, so i changed the password to hit the airwave-password-policy, but it didn't work.

Has somebody an idea?

• 9.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2019 12:24 PM

One thing to try - Remove the LDAP settings in AMP and Readd the details to see if LDAP auth works.

• 10.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Oct 24, 2019 01:14 AM

@Gowri Amujuri wrote:

One thing to try - Remove the LDAP settings in AMP and Readd the details to see if LDAP auth works.

No. Still doesn't work.

Is there a log-file, where i can see ldap-authentication-attempts?
    I created a diagnostic-file und looked (grep) thru all the logfiles, but the only thing i could find (in /var/log/amp_events) was ""Failed login attempt".
    Or is there anywhere a setting, where i can increase the loglevel for ldap logs?

P.S.
    I've manually tested it (ldapsearch on my pc) with the same settings and it worked. So the LDAP-Service /-Server works fine.

• 11.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 08:30 AM

No,we dont have specific log to check for LDAP related login issues, we need to take packetcapture  from CLI during login failed attempts to see whether proper role or any request been sent to Airwave or LDAP.

Make sure to enter complete base DN name where users are located and also check for Bind password details are correct. If everything is fine but still see auth failures, I would recommand to open TAC ticket.

• 12.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 12:17 PM

For the LDAP case; does the LDAP server use older ciphers?  If so, toggle the 'Support Deprecated Ciphers' option under AMP Setup -> Authentication -> LDAP Config

For the CLI account access failing after upgrade -> nothing from the CLI changed.  You can always go through the AMP recovery route to reset the ampadmin password - this is detailed in the AMPCLI appendix of the User Guide.

• 13.  RE: Airwave 8.2.10.0

Posted Nov 14, 2019 08:28 AM
    Thanks rgin! 'Support Deprecated Ciphers' option under AMP Setup -> Authentication -> LDAP Config works!