Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Licensing

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AirWave Licensing

Posted Dec 06, 2022 05:03 AM
    Hi all,

I am very new to Airwave, and in my job I have to very soon stand up an AirWave instance to manage a mix of around 100 Aruba APs and Controllers for one of our customers.

I have seen the BOM for the hardware kit going on to sites, and I see JW471AAE licenses included for each piece of kit.

I have an HPE DL360 server to install the application on.

Is this sufficient, or am I going to find a nasty surprise that I need some sort of overarching application license in order for this to work?

• 2.  RE: AirWave Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 08:55 AM
    I am not entirely sure on what is included in JW471AAE licenses. Aruba licensing team should be able to assist with the keys mapped. For Airwave installation, a fresh install of Airwave will come with 90 days EVAL key. So, you can start with the installation and it will have 90 days of EVAL before you add permanent key to the UI.

------------------------------
    Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)

• 3.  RE: AirWave Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 08:58 AM
    On a quick check with internal team JW471AAE is mapped with AP license bundle and not Airwave. I would request syncing with the Aruba license team once so that they could help you with all the license keys mapped to the account.

Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)

• 4.  RE: AirWave Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 10:17 AM
    That product contains all licenses for one AP, and one Airwave Device license:
    JW471AAE Aruba LIC-ENT Enterprise (LIC-AP LIC-PEF LIC-RFP and LIC-AW) License Bundle E-LTU.

You would need 1 Airwave license LIC-AW for each AP, Controller, Switch or other monitored/managed device. If you have 100 AP, 4 controllers, 10 switches under Airwave, you would need 114 LIC-AW. There is no separate appliance license for the Airwave server software itself.
    Normally the LIC-ENT is linked to the APs and additional LIC-AW for each controller/switch/other device under Airwave.

I'm not 100% sure if 'bare-metal' installation is still supported (on your own sourced DL360). The Installation Guide mentions the Aruba supplied AW/Central-Ready Appliances. But if you install Hyper-V or ESXi on the server you can install the OVA.

If you have doubts, please work with your Aruba partner and make sure everything is included for your deployment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.