Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

Posted 9 days ago
    Hey All

I'm in need of exporting device ID + Floor plan + 2nd Radio MAC Address.

I can get a report from airwave that generates device ID (name) + 2nd Radio MAC Address by simply making a custom report with inventory --> devices. Is there another field I can add to get this data?
    We have around 12k+ AP's (yes) and will eventually need this data on all AP's - so doing this manually is not an option.

Any suggestions, maybe I have to go directly on the controller, in that case - pls describe the workflow? 

Regards 
    Judson

• 2.  RE: Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 9 days ago
    If the AP's are placed on VisualRF, there are 2 options:
    1. In the AP list page, select the columns for data you need + location which will show where the AP is placed. you can do a CSV export of the list page.
    2. In the inventory report, select location column to get the same data.

• 3.  RE: Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

Posted 9 days ago
    1. i'm not able to choose the '2ND RADIO MAC ADDRESS' in the list witch is the one I need. usually it shows the 2,4 Ghz radio Mac and not the 5 Ghz.
    2. nope it will show the what I believe is the SNMP location. not the  VisualRF location?

• 4.  RE: Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago
    1. First or second Radio depends on what was set on the AP initially. So the 2nd Radio need not be necessarily 2.4GHz. Irrespective of the band, i believe the Radio MAC doesn't change. 
    2. Location in AirWave is VisualRF location and not syslocation of AP.

• 5.  RE: Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

Posted yesterday
    well i'm not getting the VisualRF location and the 5GHz mac do you know of a way to pull out the data from the CLI?

• 6.  RE: Airwave: Need to export 2. radio Mac & Floor plan string

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 17 hours ago
    We cannot get from CLI as CLI is locked. If the VisualRF location is not present in UI, it wont be present in CLI too. It may be good to open a TAC case to see why the clients doesn't show VisualRF location. Probable reason can be - client is not heard by atleast 3 AP's for triangulation and location of the same.