Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 12 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

ALE 2.0.0.12 Loses Settings

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ALE 2.0.0.12 Loses Settings

Posted May 20, 2017 07:14 AM

Installed 2.0.0.12 .iso on a bare metal server, configured and installed certs and an evaluation license. Everything working properly. On server reboot, all ALE settings are lost and I am presented with the default gui username/password and have to run the setup wizard again.  Is there a linux misconfig in this iso?

#ALE

• 2.  RE: ALE 2.0.0.12 Loses Settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi,

We didnt comeacross such issue, have you configured static IP address in ALE?

Share techsupport log from ALE maintianence window, will share if I find any thing in logs.

Have you tried reboot the server again?

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: ALE 2.0.0.12 Loses Settings

Posted May 22, 2017 06:58 AM

I've rebooted twice now and the problem persists. IP address is saved, but all settings for ALE (admin password, site configuration, certificates, license, are lost and have to re-enter). I've shared a link to the Tech Support logs via private message.

• 4.  RE: ALE 2.0.0.12 Loses Settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Thomas,

I didnt find much details in logs, have you installed ALE directly on bare metal server or intsalled any hypervisor software and installed ?

May be corrupt database causing issue, could you try install again and check the status, if issue presists please open TAC ticket.

Regards,

Pavan