Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

Posted Dec 09, 2022 03:48 AM
    Hi, 
    I am trying to add HP Switch 5412Rzl2 (J9851A)  in Central, but I get the message that "All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added". The  MAC addresses and serial numbers are correct and the device hasn't been added before. So they might be blocked? How can I check if they are, is there any other way but to contact the support to check and solve  this issue?

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  RE: All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2022 05:26 PM

see if you can archive it and then unarchive it,
    in the past tat worked for me. If that does not work, then its better to reach out to TAC.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

Posted Dec 11, 2022 04:22 PM
    Thank you for your reply. They need to be added first and then archived. my problem is that I cannot add them at all. 
    I think I have to open a ticket to TAC. 

• 4.  RE: All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2022 11:46 AM
    Yes work with TAC. They have access to where devices are registered. Sometimes if devices are shipped to other customers than they were ordered for this may happen, and there is no way that I'm aware of to find out.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: All devices are either blocked, invalid, or already added!

Posted Dec 15, 2022 02:27 AM
    The switches seemly were  blocked, TAC helped to add them to the central.