Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Allow user to enter an email and a supplied password on Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Allow user to enter an email and a supplied password on Captive Portal

Posted Jan 31, 2023 10:41 AM
    Hi all

I have a customer who has requested a captive portal that asks a user for their email address and to enter a 5 digit access code that is written on a notice in the meeting room. 

I thought I'd do it by creating a web login page that I could then edit to have the username pre-populated (but not shown), an additional field added that collects the email address and a password field. Then we would create a user called meetingroom1 with the password as the 5 digit access code. 

Problem is I cannot see where I would edit the fields for a web login page. I'm sure this was possible in the past but I can't find it any more.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Allow user to enter an email and a supplied password on Captive Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 04:14 AM
    Use a Self-Registration page to modify the fields. You would need somewhere to store the email address as well, which is easiest to do with self-registration. Unless you don't want to store the email, but then I would not know why you would ask for it.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------