Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Any Experience qith Ap530 as Mesh node and regular power cuts

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Any Experience qith Ap530 as Mesh node and regular power cuts

Posted Dec 05, 2023 02:55 AM

The Cafeteria in my Company need an additional AP but the Place is pretty old with very limited infrastructure.

The easiest way would be to Stuck an AP as Mesh node, powered with the Lights, but those get shut down every evening.

Any experience with APs as Meshnode and or regular Power Cutoffs?

• 2.  RE: Any Experience qith Ap530 as Mesh node and regular power cuts

Posted Dec 06, 2023 10:12 AM

Mesh nodes work quite well, if you take into account that they mesh over the 5GHz radio, so you have 2 APs on the same channel (mesh point and portal) and traffic through the mesh point goes twice through the air (with one mesh hop).

If you need additional coverage, and performance is not important, or you don't have the option to pull an additional ethernet cable, it's a perfectly valid solution.

I would not expect too many issues with power cuts, except that there is no wireless coverage when there is no power. But others may have more experience.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------