Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 10 Air Print not working

This thread has been viewed 51 times
  • 1.  AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Oct 31, 2022 10:09 AM
    We are completely Aruba Central and running AOS 10 throughout the majority of our locations with the exception of 3 smaller sites who are still running the 8.x code. Air Print will not work at any of the AOS 10 sites but continues work at the AOS 8 locations. Airplay works and I can see traffic passing at all sites. Is there something I am missing in the configuration or has anyone else experienced the issue? I have an open TAC case but they need me to be on site and taking OTA captures which I am not able to do so until later this week. Any insight would be appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 07:42 PM
    what AOS10 firmware are you running? and are the Air Printers wired connected?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 01, 2022 08:39 AM
    We are running 10.3.1.1_84780 code and the printers are wireless. Clients and printers are connected to the same SSID and in the same VLAN.

• 4.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 01, 2022 07:12 AM
    You have both the AOS8 and AOS10 deployments in Central?
    What happens to the screen you shared if you just show the group/site with the AOS8 or the AOS10? Do both show the same services? And do both show servers and clients?

I don't really see why TAC needs OTA captures, unless they have checked the configuration, list of servers and clients already and don't get a reason why they don't see either of those. You can always ask TAC for an alternative plan if it is infeasible to collect their first choice of datapoints.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 01, 2022 08:45 AM
    Hi Herman,

Yes, we have both AOS8 and AOS10 deployments in Central. Most of our sites run either 315/345/535 APs but have some smaller sites still running 115 that are about to be replaced once our orders get fulfilled. It looks like they have taken the AirGroup services out of AOS 10 and migrated it to the global config which I posted earlier. This is the screen I see under Device/Config/Services. I see all AirGroup services and AirGroup Settings for the individual sites. We are a pretty large K-12 district with 50+ sites and around 65,000 total users for staff and students and 4000 access points. 

• 6.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 01, 2022 11:36 AM
    I found this page in the documentation that lists some caveats, limitations, but also commands to verify the operations. I assume that TAC has gone through these, but if not please give that a go.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2022 07:04 PM
    The recommended version for AOS10 is 10.3.1.2_85318
    Also if your Clients and printers are connected to the same SSID and in the same VLAN, then you don't need Airgroup. you can disable it for those sites and see if the clients can print.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 8.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 02, 2022 09:04 AM
    Thank you ariyap. I am going to bump the firmware at the site and disable the airgroup settings this afternoon to see if that fixes the issue. I will follow up tomorrow just to let everyone know if it is working correctly or not.

• 9.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Nov 04, 2022 09:54 AM
    For follow up, I was able to make it on site and disabled Airgroup from the global config and Air Print started to work without issue and before upgrading to AOS 10.3.1.2. I still upgraded to the newest code and everything is working without issue. Thank you Herman and Ariyap for the information and time with my issue.

• 10.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

Posted Sep 20, 2023 10:58 PM

Ariyap, in your wording you state that you don't need Airgroup in the situation where user and server is on the same VLAN, but should it cause an issue if they are on the same SSID and VLAN and Airgroup is on?  Does it differ if the server is a wired server, e.g. a standard airprint printer?  I'm working with TAC on an issue in 10.4.0.1 and trying to understand the gotchas.

Thanks! 

ryh

• 11.  RE: AOS 10 Air Print not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2023 09:45 AM

AirGroup serves two purposes, allowing mDNS functionality across VLANs and allowing selective multicast traffic when broadcast/multicast (BCMC) controls are enabled.  If you have a single VLAN and have not enabled BCMC controls, then AirGroup isn't necessary.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110