Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX Client track IP

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX Client track IP

Posted 21 days ago

I am trying to track client IPs. I have client track ip all-vlans configured globally and then client track ip configured on each individual VLAN. This seems to be working for most of my VLANs, however, there are a couple VLANs with conference room equipment connected that is not showing IP information. If I plug a windows machine into this VLAN, Central shows the IP, so I think it's something with the device not providing the IP address to Central somehow. 

I found this link and was trying to configure client track ip update-method probe, but it doesn't seem to be an option when trying to configure via multi-edit. Am I missing something? Is there another way for my switches to learn the IPs of these devices?
    client track ip update-method probe (arubanetworks.com)

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX Client track IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 21 days ago

I am getting the same thing using Multiedit with 6300 and 10.13.1030 firmware.However the command should be available via CLI

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AOS-CX Client track IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago

i think that command is enabled by default. Even when you add it in the CLI, show run will not list it. 

you need to do "show run all | incl probe" to see it. "show run all" will display the default as as well.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.