Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-365-RW adoption into IAP-345 network

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AP-365-RW adoption into IAP-345 network

Posted Nov 29, 2023 02:32 PM

Hi, I am absolutley new to the Aruba environment and am having issues getting an AP-365 Outdoor to join my current configuration of 3 x AP-345's. The AP-345's firmware revision is 8.5.0.1_71357

What I have done so far. Tried to factory reset the device via the reset button without success.   Successfully factory reset the device via a Comms cable and Terminal.  * Waited 24 hours after powering the AP-365 on along with the 3 x Ap-345's and looking in the web interface of the AP's and still only seeing 3 x AP-345's and no AP-365. 

Interesting note: When all 4 x AP's are on the same LAN and I try to update the firmware it fails saying that an update is in progress and to wait. I ended up removing the 3 x AP-345's from the LAN and then could get into the web interface of the AP-365 on its own IP Address and run a latest firmware ArubaInstant_Ursa_8.9.0.3_83448. It reports update successful.

Put all 4 on the same LAN again and wait 12 hours and no adoption again.

What am I missing? The fundemental question could be will a cluster of 3 x AP-345's adopt a single AP-365? Is this compatible?

Any advice on how to get the AP-345's and the AP-365 to play together would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Regards

John

• 2.  RE: AP-365-RW adoption into IAP-345 network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2023 07:13 PM

you need to ensure all the APs are running the same firmware version. So in your case you need to upgrade your AP-345s to 8.9.0.3 as well.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AP-365-RW adoption into IAP-345 network

Posted Nov 29, 2023 07:56 PM

Thankyou I'll try this once I get home.