Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-615

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  AP-615

Posted Feb 22, 2024 09:19 AM

Dear All,

I am working on installing new environment which includes several types of indoor and outdoor Aruba APs with a campus gateway 9240. All the APs are working as expected and joining to the controller except the quantity 15 of AP-615! Unfortunately, I did not purchase a console cable, because I did not expect this to happen. I tried rebooting, I tried Factory resetting, but none of this worked. have anyone faced this before?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: AP-615

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 09:26 AM

Which method is used to discover the controller? ADP,DHCP option 43/60,DNS or static?

Do you have enough licences on the gateway?

Try to factory reset the AP by press en hold the reset button for 10 seconds when power on.

Can you see the mac-adress of the AP in the switch mac-table

Check your DHCP server and look if the AP get a IP addresss

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: AP-615

Posted Feb 26, 2024 05:55 AM

I still having the same issue. I made more investigations and found that one of the AP-505 is working as a virtual Controller! I do not know why and how did that happen! I found several access points are connected to this virtual controller even though they have acquired an IP address through the 9240 GW DHCP. Is there a way to move the APs from the virtual controller to the 9240 GW?

• 4.  RE: AP-615

Posted Feb 26, 2024 06:45 AM

If you can login to the virtual controller, you can convert the AP (or even all APs in the cluster/swarm) to controller APs, under Maintenance -> Convert.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AP-615

Posted Feb 26, 2024 09:05 AM

Thank you Herman, lots of the APs are converting, some are not and returning a message "not able to convert". I will give it a try after several hours. Many thanks again.

• 6.  RE: AP-615

Posted Feb 26, 2024 06:04 AM

We are using the DHCP method. We have enough licenses with 10% extra for future expansion. we tried factory resetting the APs, they acquire an IP address from the 9240 GW, but I cannot find them within the APs list on the controller. I found that on of the AP-505 is working as a virtual controller and I found all my missing APs listed here. How can I move them to the 9240 GW?

• 7.  RE: AP-615

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 10:43 AM

What version of AOS are you running?  The 615 has a minimum version requirement, are you meeting that?

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110