Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP203RP VPN at home

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP203RP VPN at home

Posted Apr 24, 2020 12:36 AM

Ok, I have been having a real hard time trying to connect to this device. I did connect to https://setmeup.arubanetworks.com:4343 once and I forgot if it was hard line or wireless. So I told myself, can't be that hard to do it again and for the life of me I cannot get back to INSTANT. I also remember trying 'admin' for the username and password not working. And that was after a factory reset!

Ok, is there anyone out there that can explain in laymans terms on how to get to the firmware of this device? Right now I have the Internet connection going into E0 and then my laptop going into E1. After 30-40 minutes it will connect and I can contact work with no problems. I was also told to setup the country and update the firmware but like I said, I can't connect to this thing at all anymore. Please, can someone walk through the steps like I'm a baby on this one? And also, if I factory reset it, how can it not have the default username and password of 'admin'? Maybe someone can help me with this crazy thing. I'd really love to use this then my software VPN. I really do appreciate it the help and thank you very much!!!

• 2.  RE: AP203RP VPN at home

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2020 03:39 AM

Hi Dygme,

Connect to the SSID SetMeUP-xx:xx:xx, then open https://setmeup.arubanetworks.com

Previously, username / password were admin/admin.

In newer firmware, username is admin and password is the serial number of the access point.

• 3.  RE: AP203RP VPN at home

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 24, 2020 08:02 AM

Can you also confirm that the AP is not connected to the same L2 network as another IAP or IAP cluster? If it is, it will connect and join a IAP cluster if the auto-join (default) feature is turned on in the VC.

Also, do you have any aruba central or aruba activate configuration including this APs Serial/MAC? It may be getting configuration from here as well.

A good test would be to put the IAP in a VLAN that doesn't extend/have connectivity to an IAP cluster or the internet.