Wireless

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

AP375 won't join an existing Mesh as a Point

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  AP375 won't join an existing Mesh as a Point

Posted Jun 07, 2023 12:12 PM

I had worked with an Aruba engineer to solve an issue with a mesh setup, and it was resolved, the 375 mesh Portal to Point is working great. I have been attempting to connect several other 375s as Points, but they just sit there with a blinking green light. The console text shows it goes all the way through to the AP login. When I stop the boot process, I can see that the configuration has been pulled in correctly, and it just keeps on booting over and over. I compared the working Points console settings to the Point that isn't working and it all matches. I never see an IP discovered when DHCP is attempting it as seen during the console session. These same 375's will configure as CAPs and Portals successfully. It's just when I change them over to Point's they seem to be blind and can't see the Portal.

I have purged multiple times, factory reset, removed the entry from the allow list but it hasn't made a difference.

• 2.  RE: AP375 won't join an existing Mesh as a Point

Posted Jun 15, 2023 07:32 AM

Are those APs added to correct AP groups with mesh setup?

Looks like there are missing a mesh profiles for mesh clusters.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AP375 won't join an existing Mesh as a Point

Posted Jun 15, 2023 09:59 AM

I found out that the APs I was using were bad. I tried two others (one new out of the box) and they came up quickly. I had RMA'd the bad ones and received the replacements very quick.