Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP500 across multiple Vlans

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  AP500 across multiple Vlans

Posted Jun 06, 2023 01:39 PM

I have client I am setting up the Aruba AP500s for. They are wanting them in multiple buildings across different vlans. If the master ap is set to allow new and all the aps are added to its config as allowed, is there anything else I have to do to help setup? The vlans are all tagged on each switch and able to communicate with each other, I haven't worked much with the instant on APs and would like to make sure this gets done right the first time for them. Thanks in advance for any help!

• 2.  RE: AP500 across multiple Vlans

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2023 06:40 PM

for Instant APs to form a cluster, they need to have layer 2 adjacancy. So if you have a common mgmt VLAN that is available in all the LAN switches that the APs connects to, then they will form a cluster which happens automatically. Also preferably  this mgmt VLAN needs to be the native VLAN for the VLAN trunks.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------