View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

API Gateway - Tokens and Refresh

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  API Gateway - Tokens and Refresh

Posted 2 days ago

Evening

Hope this makes sense - I'm trying to make a simple method of managing visitor wireless credentials, utilising a Microsoft Form and Power Automate.

I've written the flow and it works a treat, but I'm butting up against the 2hr limit on tokens and I'm really not sure how to handle this?

Hoping for some advice on the best way to deal with this, as the flow is stateless (within reason) and it is difficult to have logic renewing the token every couple of hours that the main flow can use when somebody requests a visitor password.

Any advice and pointers on this are welcome

Cheers

• 2.  RE: API Gateway - Tokens and Refresh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 23 hours ago

Unsure if it works with Power Automate (not familiar with that), if it's made for automation and API calls, probably yes. You can check here how you can use access tokens and refresh tokens to keep your access token valid and periodically automatically renew it with the renew token.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: API Gateway - Tokens and Refresh

MVP GURU
    Posted 7 hours ago

You need to store also refresh_token and use this token for get a new access_token 

You can look : https://github.com/PowerAruba/PowerArubaCL/blob/master/PowerArubaCL/Private/Token.ps1#L16

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281