Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APIN0225 - how to get in?

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 20, 2024 03:26 AM

HI,

I need your help. I have 3x Aruba APs APIN0225 and I can't log in to them neither via serial port nor via wireless. I have did reset them to factory settings via command line, but it did not change anything. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't what it is.

Can anyone advise what should I do?

• 2.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 20, 2024 03:27 AM

Do you have AP-225 on the sticker on the back? Or IAP-225-RW (or -US, -JP)? Both have APIN0225, but AP-225 needs an external controller, the IAP-225-xx can be operated without a controller.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 12:20 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The only thing written there is: Model: APN0225. Please see below. I think I need a controller, but whole idea was to get rid of licesnses - I currently have meraki...

Aruba Networks AP-225 APIN0225 PoE WiFi 802.11ac 5GHz Wireless - Access Point _ .jpg

• 4.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 12:42 PM

That model number, by default, must be managed by a controller. 

If you have access to an Aruba Controller, the controller hosts a process that can convert these APs to IAPs. [note: 225 max supported is 8.6 for IAP]

Using the Controller for conversion or management are the only supported methods.

If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.

• 5.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 01:52 PM

Thanks for this information. I have no access to the controller so if I buy one ie on eBay, I would have to purchase a licenses for the controller and the APs?

Thanks in advance. 

• 6.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 04:51 PM

Yes, you will need both a Controller and Licensing for that initial Control Plane tunnel to be built. 

Or look for the IAP specific AP in the 225 Series. Aruba now has a unified OS that supports both Controller and Controllerless Modes, but that was released post AP-225.

If you have a local HPE Aruba Partner, I would talk to them about your options there. 

If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.

• 7.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 22, 2024 03:46 AM

There are stickers removed from the area where the sticker with SN and MAC is attached, which is not a good sign (hiding information). Unsure where you got this AP, but it may be best to return it and get an IAP-225 (or other AP that is IAP or has a -RW, -JP or -US extension depending on where you live) model if you want to get rid of licenses.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 8.  RE: APIN0225 - how to get in?

Posted Feb 22, 2024 10:08 AM

Try this. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArubaNetworks/comments/grunb4/comment/g6p7z2j/

As for licenses, contact TAC to see if there is support for this model or if they would be able to provide evaluation licenses [ Usually 90 days ] - Highly unlikely if the product is EOS or EOL.

/AJ