Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2540 Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2540 Aruba Central

Posted Sep 12, 2018 02:44 PM

Hello Team,

I have 25 switches and i am trying to add them to Aruba Central.

Each switch need to have different configuration for the vlans and the ports.

For testing i have configure a switch with the vlans and ports i wanted i also configure manually ip address and dns.

I was able to see it in Aruba Central but when i try to assign it to a group i lose the ability to access the switch and it seems also that i lost the confiuration i have made.

As i am new in Central please help me to understand.

These switch have also APs in a native vlan.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2540 Aruba Central

Posted Sep 13, 2018 06:09 AM

Hi,

in Central devices inherit configuration from group level. Of course that can be overwriten at device level later.

I guess, your switch inherited config from group, but group config was "default".

Since not all options you can configure locally are available in central and because of the above, best is:

- add devices to central

- arrange them in groups as needed

- start configuration by using central afterwards. Do not preconfigure locally. At a maximum IPs/DNS/whatever is needed to get that thing into central. Nothing else.

I prefere to have management IP of central devices assigned by DHCP. Makes installations easier. Just mount that device and connect it to the network. No need to preconfigure. RMA is easier. And so on.

Regards, Jörg