Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930m VLANs

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930m VLANs

Posted Nov 13, 2023 01:31 PM
      |   view attached

Greetings! First post here. I have an Aruba 2930m that is directly connected to a router running pfsense. I have VLANs set up on the router properly with the correct firewall rules and have used them with other switches with no problem. I cannot for the life of me get VLANs to work on this Aruba switch. If I tag my uplink port (24) then internet connectivity goes down. I have port 21 untagged to see if VLAN30 will work with my NVR, which is set to DHCP, but it gets no IP and no connection at all. I've tried adding port 24 to a trunk, both untagged and tagged and neither works. What am I doing wrong? This seems like it's simple VLAN networking. Nothing special, just trying to separate out my network. Any help is appreciated!

------------------------------
    Tom
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930m VLANs

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 15, 2023 06:48 AM

If your pfSense Router is doing the routing for your internal VLANs and is acting as the gateway to external networks (Internet) too AND the Aruba 2930M Switch is configured to act as a pure Layer 2 Switch (no ip routing enabled <- it's not necessary) then you should simply ensure to transport (matching the tagging) the various VLAN IDs defined on the pfSense (and, correspondingly, created on the Aruba itself) along the uplink Aruba - pfSense, the Aruba will simply act as an "extension" of those VLAN IDs (applying no routing...since the routing is totally in charge to the pfSense Router).